We are honored that you're interested in joining our team of clinicians!
Please submit the Application Form at the bottom of this page for further consideration.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Three Oaks' WHY & Our Deeply Held Core Values
Because we [therapists, helpers, human-facing workers] deserve better. Three Oaks is on a mission to create a workplace where therapists can practice their calling while feeling supported, balanced, and nourished; resulting in truly extraordinary work and client care that does not contribute to or promote burnout.
Global goal: play our part in helping as many HEALERS stay engaged in the field, and enjoy longevity in the industry, as possible. We believe that when helpers are cared for, they are able to practice, grow & develop their craft, leading to excellent client care and outcomes.
Confident humility: We are confident that we have something to contribute to Three Oaks, our clients, and the world AND we are humble enough to maintain that we do not [and will never] know everything. We believe there is always something we can learn from those around us and never presume to have every answer or know what’s best for someone else.
Openness: We are open to receiving feedback, support, and observation. We are open to new ideas and rethinking old ideas. We are open to adapting when change is afoot. We hold on loosely to process, procedure, and structure as we know the world is ever changing and part of being responsive is being able to ‘flow.’
Integrity: We believe in doing the right thing, especially when no one is watching. We believe in owning our missteps and honor that as humans, we are imperfect and therefore, error is a part of our natural course of development and evolution. We commit to always doing our best, asking for help when we need it, and being honest when we make mistakes. We commit to ‘owning our stuff’ proactively; calling attention to areas of concern/vulnerability openly and directly. Some statements of integrity may sound like:
“Hey team, I think I messed up here…”
“Hi all, I made a mistake…”
“All, I fully own that. In hindsight, I absolutely should have X...”
“I really struggle with X and need support with Y...”
Conscious Leadership: We believe in conscious leadership. More specifically, in leading with integrity, compassion, and humility. We lead by listening, observing, and communicating carefully; through stewardship and self-improvement. In any position of leadership, we believe in uplifting & supporting those around us, and facilitating trust. We recognize that as professionals, we are all leaders in our industry and accept this responsibility and charge.
Collaboration: We believe that we are stronger as a collective. We believe that our ideas, execution, and facilitation can all be improved by working together. We honor each other’s ability to contribute and recognize that each of our unique life experiences equips us to offer diverse feedback, skills, and lenses with which we see the world. We believe in participating in feedback: both receiving and offering it.
Safety (in all things): We believe that safety is a human right and a fundamental foundation to people feeling integrated, inspired, balanced, and valued. We believe in creating and upholding safety in all spaces with colleagues and clients; particularly when giving and receiving feedback. This includes physical, emotional, spiritual, and psychological safety. We believe social justice is a key element of safety and we commit to upholding social justice principles of access, equity, diversity, participation, and rights across all Three Oaks spaces.
Organizational Cognizance: We believe we are a part of something bigger than ourselves and agree to nurture and extend personal warmth. We recognize that we impact those around us and agree to be mindful of our daily interactions and behaviors, especially those that pertain to colleagues and clients at Three Oaks. We commit to self regulating; NOT self denying. We honor that hard moments and feelings are a part of life and every workplace. We know that our feelings and experiences provide important information that can lead to beneficial changes when shared skillfully and from a ‘wise mind.’ We agree to self regulate before reaching out to a colleague with information, feelings, and/or feedback. We recognize that this protects our boundaries and the boundaries of our colleagues without denying our own validity to feel and experience the world around us.
- - Rich culture of professional growth, honest feedback, and clinical consultation
- - Team of humble, competent, caring, and professional healers: Employees will be in most alignment when being a part of something greater than themselves, committed to leadership as service, while walking their steps with integrity & confident humility.
- - Beautifully furnished and fully stocked office spaces: Three Oaks clinicians have the autonomy to schedule sessions virtually via telehealth, in-person at their office site, or a combination of both.
- - Clinicians are W2 employees compensated at industry-high percentage splits for all conducted client sessions.
- - Full-time employees are offered comprehensive health benefits including Medical (BCBS of North Carolina PPO covered at 100% by Three Oaks), Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-term Disability (MetLife), and 401k.
- - Clinicians are offered an annual stipend of up to $750 upon completion of a course, CEU, or training.
- - For provisionally licensed folks, we offer in-house clinical supervision for the following licensures: LCSWA, LCMHCA, LCASA.
- - Freedom in scheduling: Our team is granted true flexibility in the management of their calendars. We greatly value 'work-life balance' and are committed to honoring our team as HUMANS first, employees second.
- - Dedicated team of IN-HOUSE billing, insurance, referrals, HR, and operations staff; These folks are true members of the Three Oaks team & make it possible for clinicians to focus solely on CLIENT CARE and SELF CARE!